Why managing stress and building resilience is important
Aside from the personal impact of stress, it is now the biggest cause of long term absence in the workplace and can result in claims for industrial injury. Long before absence occurs, performance drops markedly, resulting in low quality, reduced productivity and poor customer interactions. On the other hand, workplace wellness programmes have helped some companies achieve status as ‘Best companies to work for’.
The impact of stress depends on our personal resilience, and high levels of this ‘mental toughness’ have been correlated to seniority in organisations. Although individuals have greatly varying levels of resilience, the mental approaches to resilience have been modelled and can be taught by our expert facilitators to make your staff fit for leadership.
This course is designed to help manage stress in the workplace and reduce consequent illness and absence. The features of wellness in the workplace and how they can help to transform your organisation into a high performing team are described. Practical tools and techniques for building resilience will be practised.
The course is interactive and participative and will result in real changes to behaviours and improved performance.
‘I found the entire presentation resonated to an almost deafening state. Thank You!!!!’ David Anderson
In this workshop we will cover:
- Why it is important to manage stress at work, including some case studies from the news
- An overview of the stress response mechanism and its effects on the body and brain.
- Causes of stress and what to do about them.
- A sliding scale of symptoms of stress and how to spot them in yourself and others.
- Impact of stress on personal and organisational performance.
- Your responsibilities as an employer, a manager and an individual.
- Strategies for Workplace Wellness and how to move towards being a high performance organisation and a ‘best company to work for’.
- Building resilience – practical tools and techniques for becoming more resilient to equip you for senior positions.
Workshop style and presenters
The workshop will be run in small groups in a participative and interactive style by experienced facilitators with broad and deep expertise in stress management, workplace wellness programmes and tools and techniques for building resilience.
|To the organisation You will be:||For the individual You will:|
- Our courses run from 9:30 until 4:30
- Public dates are advertised on www.nlp4pm.com
- Our regular venues are London and Milton Keynes.
- We will be happy to run a workshop for you in-house and offer some customisation to your specific organisational requirements.
- Costs are £495+VAT per person for public courses, with 20% discount for multiple bookings.
- Call us to discuss rates for in-house courses.
For more information and to register your interest call Peter Parkes on 01908 683 455 or email me at Peter.Parkes@NLP4PM.com.